Welcome!

With this blog, I want to show you all the beauty that is life, literature and writing. I really hope you enjoy your visit to this blog as much as I've loved making it.

Thank you for your visit and see you back soon!

Much love,
Sarah x

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Let’s talk about…

It's funny how a conversation can affect the human brain. I mean my brain. But I guess that's a common addiction to writers; they just absorb every little, spicy detail to get some inspiration. And I have been thinking about one word for the last three days: it's called "talking".

After this easy going and interesting conversation, I've changed my opinion on the whole dating-thing. There are four million men out there… There must be someone, who makes you feel just like a real woman, even if you have a bad hair-day. Perhaps you need to kiss some Kermit frogs, before you get the right lottery ticket. In that case: have we, Elice and I, kissed enough frogs or how many are there left out there? Is changing location an option? Elice explains this in her very own style: 'I've been dating the wrong men for over two years, where the hell is he hanging out? Egypt?'

Let's be positive. There are people who fit together. Maybe there's this fantastic guy, who loves your interests as much as you do. Maybe there is this person, who would follow you to any place in the world, just to see you. It's just very hard to know, who he is, even if you know him. If you are in a relationship or better if you are married, there is no certainty that you know his real inner personality. There are always secrets you keep for each other, even if you share the same bed. There will always be addictions you want to keep secretly for yourself; from a smoking or alcohol addiction to the fact you have special sexual appetite.

It's so weird. People talk about everything to each other, except the things that are very necessary to be talked about. There are no taboos in this world. Yet, there is still this problem, couples don't talk anymore. I was in this restaurant some time ago, chatting to my friend, laughing and joking until I stopped talking for a while and found out that nobody else was having fun! Couples seem to go out for dinner, but they don't talk anymore. I mean they talk, but not about serious, necessary subjects. We are making plans and plans for our future, but we don't realize that all that matters is NOW. People often say: "Lord, what must I do?". Well, the answer would be: talk. Everything is going so fast, we need to enjoy life! This is very urgent. We need to talk as adults, right now and rationally. Adults? Okay, when are we considered adults again? I guess it stopped somewhere between plastic surgery and smoking pot.

Sometimes we just need that cocktail, a good friend to embrace and to tell everything you can't tell your boyfriend. Memories and taboos stay forever in this world, but your friends can open your heart and fears … Strangely enough, they have the key and guts…

No comments:

Post a Comment