Welcome!

With this blog, I want to show you all the beauty that is life, literature and writing. I really hope you enjoy your visit to this blog as much as I've loved making it.

Thank you for your visit and see you back soon!

Much love,
Sarah x

Sunday 5 December 2010

Have yourself a merry, healthy Christmas!

This week, I wanted to write about all the benefits and disadvantages of snow. Unfortunately, my inspiration was melted before I could write it down. So I put that in a waste-paper basket and went for a long walk on the countryside... After falling twice on my butt and hating ice for the rest of the year, I came to think about diet and workout...

A healthy lifestyle is the most feared/loved subject of the modern woman... We all want to have lean, strong legs and a flat six pack. We constantly try to understand how movie stars seem to manage to control their weight and look so dazzling. But what about exercising and sweating to remain our tiny figure, just like they do? Do we want to sweat like a pig to burn a little bit of calories? Honestly, no we don’t. We like the idea of being in the gym with fancy exercise clothes and work out gadgets, but we hate doing the exercises or cardio to burn that extra pound.

Why do we keep on dragging ourselves to the gym? Why do we roll into yoga classes and pilates? Perhaps because we need it. Hard to admit of course, but we do. We need some time to concentrate on our lifestyle, our inspirations and we certainly long for some spare time to stay resistant to stress. Exercising and working out does not only get you in good shape, it helps you to relax and enjoy your life to the full.

As a matter of fact, a wise man told me we only need fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, combined with lots of water. It’s not necessary to eat boiled or steamed food, because it consists no vitamins or minerals at all. Of course, it is not bad at all, but you don’t need it. So why do we keep on eating too much? Why do we eat all those fat, obsolete meals at Christmas? Because, it is tradition. Okay, good answer. But if we change the traditions and we decide to eat healthy and exercise on New Year’s Eve, would that be okay as well? Okay, I start to sound like an exercise guru!

Actually, if been trying out this diet and work out for a week and I started to see some results. It motivates you to see your figure getting into shape, thanks to your own dedication and precision! Now, a very wise question (if I may say so): ‘Why am I doing this?’. I keep on doing this because it makes me feel better, it gets my mind and body in balance and it’s fun! I bet you have that ‘Has-she-gone-mad?’-look on your face, but that was exactly the reaction I was looking for!

Yes, working out is fun, fun, fun and I’m about to explain why. We all know that you get into shape, right? So when you are into shape it’s much more fun to go shopping, especially when you figure out that you can wear a six instead of an eight! Honestly, ladies, being healthy and lean are of course much more attractive to guys, so hello attention! Bonus! It is refreshing not to cook every single day for more than two hours, because you only have to eat fruits and salads! Oh, and what about exercising with your girlfriends? Get into shape while exchanging your secrets and experiences! And last but not least, it is good for your mind and body! Give them a shot, will you? They help you each and every single day to process wonderful results at work, so give them a hand as well! They will be very glad to get your attention and relaxation...
If you aren’t convinced yet, you seriously are a hopeless case! So put on your sweatpants, let that turkey where he belongs (in the nature, living happily) and kick your ass of in the gym!
 
Big, non-fat kisses from a fitness guru on the treadmill,
XS

No comments:

Post a Comment